Sunday 12 September 2010

11th September

Spice improves in health and look like her old self.  She stood still while I gave her her injection and laid a normal egg which was stored separately to add to others in the week and be fed back to the girls as scrambled egg.
When I went at lunch time to give the girls their cabbage I saw a small egg in the newbies border.  When I investigated I found three more, so someone has been laying eggs for a few days!  I think it might be Bramble, but they're very pale, could be Alice. who knows.  I'll have to keep an eye on them when I can.
We went out this evening and instead of shutting them all up early I let the newbies out and they went into the coop and I left the older girls to put themselves away.  Im going to try using anti peck spray tomorrow.
Four little eggs next to Spice's egg, hers arent all that big either!

No comments:

Post a Comment