Friday 3 September 2010

Day 8

The new girls have been here a whole week.  I let them all out and the newbies went to their run and I shut them in for the morning.  My other girls gave me 3 eggs today.  One of them has a day off now and again.
After lunch I let the newbies out into their bit of the run.  The didn't rush out, and my originals were having a siesta.  A bit later there was some clucking, and when I went out to see what was happening, Alice was out and sitting on a flower pot.  The others were watching her, but no one attacked!  I caught her and put her back with the others.I also clipped Belle and Brambles wing today.
 As Belle and Bramble are close to starting laying eggs I put some straw in a box for them to use as a nest box.  When I went out later they'd tipped it over!
No one else escaped or scrapped, and to my amazement when I got back from choir practice the newbies were thundering up the ladder to bed.  I don't know how they got out, presumably over the fence.  I'm amazed, and delighted, but I'm not counting my chickens yet, lets see what tomorrow brings, but I feel  much better about the girls, and perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment