Wednesday 15 September 2010

Wednesday 15th

Both Spice and one of the new girls, I think Bramble, had laid an egg in the coop when I opened up this morning., although Bramble hadnt made it to the nest box.
I let the new girls out of their area before 9am today and left them scratching around.  I only gave them 45minutes and put them back in their area.  When I looked one of them had laid an egg in the nest box.
Clever girl.  They all stayed in their own areas for the day, and this evening I went in with mealworms and corn and sat with them till they went to bed. One of the older girls had laid a soft egg before I got there and they'd broken it and eaten it! Not good!
Bramble came and sat on me to get away from the big girls then hopped off, and I picked Clara up and she settled down on my lap for quite a while, it was really nice.  I hope the soft egg thing sorts itself out.  Its a bit worrying when I've just had  Spice poorly.

No comments:

Post a Comment