Friday 10 September 2010

Day 15

Spice bounced out of the coop looking back to normal.  There was a soft egg in the poo tray, so that means she doesn't have peritonitis. :o)
I took her back to the vet, Richard said there were more eggs to come and  showed me how to do the injections, and gave me four loaded syringes to use over the next 4 days.
This afternoon I tried taking down the fence and mixing the two flocks.  There was a bit of pecking, but they all wandered round together quite nicely, until I gave them their treats.  The big girls wanted the little girls food, so I had to put the fence back up again.  I took the fence down when they'd finished, but the newbies ended up hiding in the coop.  I turfed them out and put the fence up again.  They took themselves off to bed when I put the fence down at 7.30, but then the four started clucking, and I think they were frightened of the noise the newbies made, so I put them into bed and closed the door.  We'll try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment