Tuesday 7 September 2010

Day 11

All is quiet in the hen house at the moment.  The babies are now safe behind their netting, so I leave the omlet run door open all the time, except today It kept closing, the first time Bramble and Alice were inside, and Belle was shut out, then when I went out to sit with them all this evening they were all shut in, so I must peg the door open.
Anyway, this evening I sat out with them for the half hour before they went to bed, and fed them meal worms and fended the big girls off the babies.  Belle was hiding under my legs as I sat there because I was keeping her safe, then she walked across to the cube, Bramble followed, and they both went to bed, and Alice followed.
The funny thing was the expressions on the others faces and they heard the newbies banging around in the cube.
Eventually Henrietta got brave and went in to see what was happening, she was followed by Clarice, Clara and finally Spice.  There was no pecking or squawking either!
I swept out both the runs, and put down fresh flooring and changed their water all ready for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment