Sunday 12 September 2010

Sunday 12th

There was a tiny egg in the coop this morning.  Spice laid an egg, but by the time I saw her in the run Henrietta was in the same spot, she hadn't started laying yet, and I got the egg from under her.  She wasnt too impressed with that.  
Spice had her injection, she didn't want to stay still for it, but I persuaded her to hold still.
I was out till 3.30, when I got back I used the anti pecking stuff I bought, on the newbies and let them out. It didnt have much effect.  The newbies fled everytime they saw the four, and I closed the pop hole so they couldnt go in the coop, so they hid in the bushes.  Sometimes they seemed to be getting on, at least they stayed out of each others way, then one of the older girls ran at a newbie and the new girls ran for it.  
I put the new girls back on their side when it was time for rice, and left them there till bed time when they put themselves to bed, and I left the older girls to join them when they were ready. Its just going to take a long time I think.  

No comments:

Post a Comment