Sunday 19 September 2010

Sunday 19thI

The girls had been clucking for a while before I heard them. and on a Sunday morning!
I let them out, and left them to it.  There was an egg from Spice and one from Belle in the coop.
I let Bramble in with the big girls so she could lay an egg.  Henrietta was already in there and Bramble was trying to sit on her!  Some hens have no sense.  So I moved Bramble over and shut the door.
Later I saw her out and put her in with the newbies.  There were no eggs in the nest box.
When I got back from church Bramble was in the big girls run, she'd jumped over the fence so she could lay her egg.  There was another egg in the cardboard box in the run.  So a full house on the egg front.
The older girls are still pecking the little ones, but only Clarice is going out of her way to get them.  The others are less aggressive, so there's still hope, another three weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment