Tuesday 28 September 2010

26th,27th and 28th September

Sunday was uneventful, Bramble was a bit better, but I kept the newbies separate so they didnt get harrassed.  I got two eggs but I wasnt sure who laid them so I had to throw them away. :o(
Monday 27th  I segregated Bramble (who's much better) behind a wire fence so the eggs wouldn't get muddled, but she didn't lay an egg, I got one from both Belle and Alice though. I took the syringe out to give Bramble her jab, and had to chase her round the run, not much wrong with her! I caught her and pulled the lid off and realised the needle was still in the lid, but where was the lid?  Id dropped it and it had vanished.  So I got another syringe,  and used that, then swopped the needle off that one onto the one that now didnt have a needle and cap.  I searched every where and couldnt find the origional lid, but the needle is in the lid, so that will be safe, and soon I'll sweep the run out and that will be it gone.
Tuesday 28th.  Bramble was behind the wire fence again, and still no egg. I let them all out after lunch, and they all mixed quite well, but every now and again Clarice chases one of the babies and pecks her, so I had the water bottle and squirted the offender.  Now they see me with the bottle and look alarmed and ready to run.  If I pick it up, they leg it across the run!

No comments:

Post a Comment