Saturday 25 September 2010

Saturday 25th September

Today turned into a stressful, and expensive day.  Bramble had been a bit quiet yesterday, but I thought it was because she was fed up with the older girls pecking her, so I separated the two flocks and she perked up.
We went up to the allotment this morning, and when we got back at lunch time Bramble was sitting in the bushes with her tail down (not a good sign) and when I separated them she just sat on the ground looking miserable.
I should have got her into Arvonia Animal Hospital straight away, but I waited to see if she was going to pick up again like she did yesterday, but she didnt, and I phoned the vets and got Chelvet the night cover vets.
Kirsty the receptionist/nurse was really kind, but warned me there was an extra fee because it was 'out of hours' and because Arvonia had been open in the morning.  I swithered, and spoke to the vet, but decided that as I couldnt purchase Baytril antibiotic without them seeing Bramble then I'd have to bite the bullet and go.
They are based at the Dragon vets on the Racecourse, and Beverley the vet, checked her over, and couldnt find anything wrong, though it was obvious to both of us that she was poorly. So she prescribed Baytril.  The whole experience was £65, included in that was the medicine which cost £9!  If only they could have just sold me that!
Bramble went back to sitting for the evening, and at 7pm I looked out and couldnt see her head and fearing the worst I went out and had a look.  She looked up (phew) and as I left the run got up and had a drink.
When I went back out to put the net down she was waiting with Belle and Alice.  I dropped the net and she walked past me and straight to bed!  Belle and Alice were on her heels, and by the time we were going out at 7.30 they were all in bed so I could shut the door.
The weathers turned a lot cooler, it was 2 deg. this morning, so I'd rather shut the door and help keep the warmth in.
I must clean them out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment