Wednesday 8 September 2010

Day 12

I sat in with the girls this morning and let the little ones out.  Bramble seemed desparate to get out, and she went into the coop, and I thought she might want to lay an egg, but after a while she was ordered out by Clarice who was laying an egg.  I put them all back in behind their netting as I had to go out.
I'm still only getting 3 eggs, but I dont know who's not laying.
I took the treats out and Spice wasn't interested which was unusual. I checked her vent and there was white stuff, so I ran a sink of warm water and put her in it in the hope it would relax her and she'd lay what ever was the problem.  There was a bit of white, but nothing else, and after half an hour the water was getting cold, so I took her out, wrapped her in a towel and I took her into the living room and she sat on my lap swathed in towels and shut her eyes.  Then after a few minutes she perked up, and stood up and jumped off my lap onto the floor. The students thought it was hilarious, and she flapped her wings, and had a look around.  I dried her using the hair drier and put her back with the others.  She seemed much brighter, so Im hoping she'll be ok tomorrow.
I gave her some tuna in sunflower oil, someone said on the forum it might help.  She ate quite a bit, and the others were going mad trying to see what she had, and they finished it off.
At 7.30 I went and sat out with them, the babies were chased off the mealworms I put down, and then took themselves off to bed!  So I sat for a bit watching the others looking at the coop worried about the noise going on inside, then they took themselves off to bed too.   I hope Spice is ok tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment