Friday 17 September 2010

Friday 17th September

Everyone piled out of the coop to their allotted places. Spice had already laid an egg, and I got eggs from the three others during the course of the morning.  Bramble gave me an egg as well.  Later in the afternoon I got a second egg from the newbies.
Clarice is appalling she goes out of her way to attack the new chickens, and she jumps on them and pulls their feathers.  The others will chase and peck, but only if they stray in the same path.  Clarice goes out of her way!  She was even having a go in the coop tonight.
I let them all mingle at 6pm .  When I went in with some mealworms Bramble and Belle came running over, to be attacked by the others, I threw mealworms and they all separated, the babies came with me and I gave them their own mealworms, Alice was hiding in the coop, and I went and talked to her, and showed her the pot of mealworms, and eventually she came out.  I kept the two factions separated, and Clara and Clarice went into the coop.  Henrietta went in, and Spice who likes to be last in started rounding up the newbies but Henrietta was in the doorway and they were too scared to go in, so I ploughed in and made her go in and put Bramble in and then Belle,  Spice was in last, but there was a lot of squawking and I had to look in and tell them off.  They went quiet after that!  Who says chickens aren't intelligent!

No comments:

Post a Comment