Thursday 16 September 2010

Thursday 16th

I think we're playing egg roulette today.  When I opened up the pop hole there were no eggs in the nest box,  but just inside there was a egg with a hole in the end.  I thought for a minute I had a budding egg eater, but then I saw the contents in the poo tray.
I let the newbies out at 8o/c and Belle headed straight into the coop and laid an egg.  I put them back in their area because the girls were being vicious.
I was out till lunch time and I bought back some spinach for them, and there in the box I'd given the newbies to lay their eggs were two little eggs. :o)
So I got one from Henrietta, possibly one from Spice, and  three tiny eggs.  I put a post on the Lane and the first person up said she knew of other hens who had started to slow up with winter coming so Im not going to worry, and see what happens tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment