Monday 13 September 2010

Monday 13th

Spice is looking really well, but she has two more injections to go, and after she's had her jab and she's back in the run she goes and sits somewhere for a while.  Clara is picking on her too, and I was really tempted to put her in with the newbies, but it would split her from the others and as she does her share of chasing and pecking it would be unfair on the babies.
There was a tiny egg in the coop this morning, and Spice laid her egg before I opened the pop hole.
This afternoon I let the little ones out, and they all swapped sides, and  were quite happy, then one of the Rhodies started attacking them.  I went out and gave them a talking too, but they wouldn't behave, and as they were all in the newbies side of the run I shut the older ones in there and they were fine.  At tea time I fed them where they were.  I scrambled Spice's eggs and they really enjoyed them!  Its a bit cannibalistic though.
When I went out this evening to sit with them,  there under the coop were two tiny eggs, so they are all laying now!  I fended off the big girls, for half an hour until the newbies went to bed.
When the others had gone to bed and I'd shut the pop hole, I took the omlet run to pieces.  It will be much better because no one can get cornered any more. Wonder how they'll react.

No comments:

Post a Comment