Friday 10 September 2010

day 14

Ok, yesterday was an emotional roller coaster.  Spice was really feeling unwell.  She sat in the bushes and ignored food.  I tried another bath, but Daisy the cat tried to join her and she wanted out after that. I was feeling really desperate, and convinced she had egg peritonitis which can be fatal. :o(
I rang the vet, but he was busy and was to ring me back. I had arranged to meet with my friend Maggie, and we went out for a walk.  When I got back the vet hadn't rung, so I rang again, and  Viv answered this time and  spoke to Guy and he said bring her straight in.  We were there in five minutes, and they said Richard the chicken man was there and he looked at her.  He said she was too thin, but egg layers are all thin under the feathers, she weighted about 200g.
He gave her an injection, she was good as gold, and I put her back in the basket and made an appointment for tomorrow and bought her home.  She picked up a bit as the day went by, and ate her supper at 5o/c.
They were all very put out with me because both I and John were going out and I put them to bed at 6.30.
Every time I got a chicken in one popped out but eventually I got the last one in and shut the door.  Hope they're talking to me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment